Personify your online brand through social media with Hüify
On today’s podcast, Ben and I chat with Josh Harcus, the “Initiatives Overlord” (yeah, he owns the place) at Hüify, a digital marketing agency just over the bridge from us in beautiful Wilmington, NC. Hüify specializes in humanizing brands’ online presence in order to make a difference in the company, give clients an expert voice, and build a community around them. The company’s clever name is a word Josh created that blends personify+humanize.
Hüify’s team (known as the Knights of the roundtable) handles local and national accounts for brands in multiple industries from jewelers to heavy equipment rentals. Josh founded Hüify after he noticed a gap in the market for agencies that not only monitor social media, but play an active role in their online strategy through content creation. And in case you haven’t heard CONTENT IS KING. In addition to serving as community managers, Hüify actually creates e-books, white papers, blog articles and more on behalf of their clients as a way to generate and nurture leads and get users through the sales funnel.
Here are some good takeaways from today’s conversation:
- Before you create an online strategy for your brand, you need to set SMART Goals. These are Specific, Measurable, Actionable, Relevant and Timely goals such as “generate 50 new leads in 30 days.”
- Vanity metrics such as number of “likes” on a Facebook Page might make you feel good, but they don’t mean anything to your business. Josh mentioned creating a Facebook app that attracted 400,000 likes, but brought in $0 in revenue.
- Some businesses struggle with creating good, quality content to share with their market. For instance, it can be much more time effective for a Doctor to spend 15 minutes talking about a topic (and then someone from Huify will write the article, white paper, etc.) than the 6 hours it would take the Doctor to write the article, who would rather be practicing.
- Josh mentioned some of his favorite digital tools:
- Shortstack-Designs Facebook apps and promotions
- BufferApp- An extension on your web browser that automatically schedules your posts throughout they day.
- HubSpot- inbound marketing software that offers businesses an all-in-one marketing solution; blogging, analytics, social media, email, automation and more.
- Reachli- Easily post your content across social, mobile, and the web.
- Tweetdeck- a dashboard to manage your Twitter profiles
- Bit.ly-Save, search, organize, and track all your links from around the web.
Below is the video we mention about UNCW’s flash mob back in 2010 that Josh helped organize that now has nearly 20,000 views.